Garthdee Field Allotment
Participatory Budgeting Fund
About this project
In the Family Food: Fresh and Frugal project, volunteers from Garthdee Field Allotments will work with Kaimhill Primary School pupils to grow and cook their own vegetables, providing tasty, inexpensive, and healthy meals for themselves and their families. While they do so, they will develop thrifty habits and learn the importance of protecting the natural world around them.
- Experience the joys of working in teams outdoors in the fresh air
- Grow and cook food to share with our families and local residents
- Learn how tasty, inexpensive and healthy home-grown food can be
- Understand why locally grown food is better for our environment
- Learn to feed the soil to grow healthy disease-free vegetables
- Create growing spaces safe for all sorts of bugs and beasties
- Find out how green growing can cut emissions and protect against Climate Change
- Recycle, repurpose and compost materials to cut down landfill waste.