Gathimba Edwards Foundation
Gathimba Edwards Foundation aims to provide as many Kenyan children as possible with the opportunity of a bright future.
The Gathimba Edwards Foundation was officially established in May 2014 and much has been achieved thanks to various initiatives, sponsorships and donations.
Our vision is to provide as many Kenyan children as possible with the opportunity of a bright future.
Since we began, over 500 children have been supported, 50 new homes have been built, 40 businesses and farming projects have started and 275 new beds have been provided.
Our mission is to:
- Provide children in Kenya with an education by supporting school, college and university fees
- Further support their education by supplying school uniforms, books, shoes & access to school meals
- Broaden the value of learning by hosting educational seminars
- Give these children a safe place of shelter by building houses for them or improving existing homes
- Bring them and their families closer to self-sustainability with help to grow their own food
- Guide their families to start their own businesses through the award of financial and advisory assistance
- Care for them by providing access to psychosocial support
- Support children in Aberdeenshire with severe disabilities via the Neil Jaffrey Initiative
Although our main purpose is to provide support and create opportunities for children in Kenya, it is very important that we also make an impact at home. We do this through the purchase of specialist equipment and service support for children and their families.