Aberlour Children’s Charity
At Aberlour, we are there for children, young people and families across Scotland, helping transform their lives for the better. We support them through challenges like living with a disability, growing up in and leaving care, and the impact of drugs and alcohol on families. We offer support at the earliest opportunity – giving children the best possible start in life is at the heart of everything we do.
At Aberlour, we believe that all children deserve to flourish. We are there for children, young people and families across Scotland, helping transform lives for the better.
We listen: Our services are tailored to help each child, young person or family to be the very best they can be. We support them to overcome significant challenges like growing up in and leaving care, living with a disability and dealing with the impact of drugs and alcohol on family life. We offer support at the earliest opportunity: Giving children the best possible start in life is at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision is to transform the lives of the children and families we work with and, through this, contribute to building a fairer and more equal society.
Are you interested in accessing childcare training?
Would you like to achieve the qualifications you need, to set you on the path to a career working with children?
Or do you already have experience working with children, and want to learn more?
If so, Aberlour Futures – Aberdeen City & Shire can help.
how we help
We are an SQA accredited training and assessment centre with over 25 years of experience delivering vocational qualifications and training, working with and for the early learning and childcare workforce in The North-East.
We partner with local childcare employers so that staff can acquire new skills and knowledge. As a result, we improve their competence in working with children and young people.
Our courses include SVQs for adults who already have experience working in the sector. Also, young people (aged 16-19) can receive a funded training place on a Modern Apprenticeship programme.
- SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) – SCQF Levels 6, 7 and 9
- SVQ in Playwork – SCQF Levels 6, 7 and 9
- A Modern Apprenticeship programme for young people aged 16-19 and 20-24
- Developing the Young Workforce:
- Skills for Work in Early Education and Childcare, SCQF Levels 5 and 6 – in partnership with local secondary schools
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 6 – in partnership with Machar Academy
continuing professional learning courses:
We offer a wide range of skills workshops and bespoke training. Courses include:
- Child Development and Attachment
- Pre-birth to 3
- Observation Assessment and Planning
- Curriculum for Excellence
- Building the Ambition
- Loose Parts for Free Play