Greyhope Bay exists to connect and engage communities with our marine world – imagining more for Aberdeen, our community and our coast.
We are based in Torry, Aberdeen, a community built around an old fishing village with a deep heritage and surrounding natural beauty and wildlife.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Accessible structures for community ownership and space for the community to lead (Skipper community weekly meetings, inclusive community events and campaigns)
- Collaborative storytelling, co-designed interpretative content and event programming with local community groups, organisations and national organisations
- Shared ‘how-to’ and behind the scenes stories
EXPERIENCE FOR ALL
- Multitiered access, experiences and participation in our story through different events and programming
- Funded programmes to support access for local schools
- Greyhope Baywatchers – a free access model which offers crew membership benefits to Torry Balnagask residents, and ownership of community events calendar
MAKE A CHANGE
- Inspiring our community to take part and take the lead in sharing the message of ‘make a change’ for sustainability and our environment
- Demonstrating and leading on sustainability through how we build, power, consume, operate and design educational programming and events