Aberdeen Association of Social Services (T/A VSA) is currently seeking to appoint a Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager to join our Philanthropy & Income Generation Department on our ambitious journey as we scale up for success. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to take ownership of this pivotal role in support of the strategic aims of the department and VSA.
Working closely with the Director of External Relations you will be responsible for developing relationships with a portfolio of individual and corporate prospects who have the propensity to give high five, six and seven figure gifts with multi-year commitments.
To be successful, you will need to have expertise in corporate and philanthropy fundraising, including evidence of new business and account management successes in generating income. You will need to be a strong relationship builder, with both external and internal stakeholders and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tell stories that inspire people to support our work.
We are a small, but agile, team that prides itself on creating an exceptional supporter experience. The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently to manage and prioritise your own workload in order to meet competing deadlines and deliver against annual financial targets.
At VSA we help change the lives of over 20,000 vulnerable children and adults each year. We support a person’s physical, mental, emotional, and social wellbeing through a range of residential and outreach support services. Across all our services, we support people living with learning disabilities, a mental health diagnosis, loneliness and isolation, additional support needs, poverty, addiction, and long-life conditions such as Parkinson’s and Dementia.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact, Jennifer Mitchell, Director of External Relations on 01224 358613.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity please submit the following :
- A comprehensive CV
- A supporting statement no more than two sides of A4 paper explaining what attracts you to the organisation, the role and the specific skills and expertise that will add value to the team
- A completed equalities and diversity form
Applications should be submitted no later than 12pm on Monday 13th September 2021.
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 30th August and potential second stage interviews the following week.
Note relocation expense may be available for the right candidate.
Supporting the Fundraising Team and the charity at events as and when required. As many activities are held in the evening and at weekends the post will involve some unsocial hours, for which Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) will be given.
Salary – depending on experience circa £33K + Car Allowance.
Purpose of Job:
We have a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced income generation/business development professional to join our Philanthropy team on our ambitious growth journey as we scale up for success.
You will be responsible leading and managing all aspects of the cultivation, stewardship and account management of corporate partners including researching and recruiting new individual major donors/philanthropists.
The below provides are overview of key areas of responsibilities and duties (but is not limited to):
Strategy and Planning
- In conjunction with the wider team, develop a detailed corporate & major donor plan that is aligned to the fundraising strategy to deliver against agreed targets
- Provide timely progress reports for the Executive Management Team
- To raise six/seven figure sums in the form of major gifts & multi year corporate partnerships
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and corporate accounts & prospects to generate and maintain significant gifts/donations and partnership to further advance the work of VSA
- Prepare and present highly customised, compelling funding proposals to major gift prospects and corporate partners.
- To research and identify and engage with prospective philanthropists and corporate partners, ensuring an understanding and appreciation of their vision and aims to craft targeted, appropriate proposals
- To work with wider VSA colleagues to identify new opportunities
- Have excellent knowledge of our services, understand how they are funded to tell our story in a compelling way to gain support
- Strong relationship management, through face to face meetings, regular account management visits to our corporate partners, telephone meetings, and provide regular updates
- Manage cultivation and stewardship activities of existing major donors and businesses to increase their affinity and grow their support for VSA
- Work with senior management and other colleagues to identify cross over of trusts, high net worth individuals and companies.
- Using the Charity’s Salesforce CRM Database to manage all relationships (both individual and organisational), ensuring all records are kept up to date to enable an effective reporting, monitoring and analysis of achievements
- Work with colleagues and volunteers to support stewardship of donors.
- Promote the work of VSA, locally, regionally and nationally, targeted in line with our Philantropy & Income Generation strategy, representing the organisation at relevant forums, events and seminars
- Represent the Charity to Statutory, voluntary and commercial organisations, professional bodies and institutions.
- Adhere to the highest standards of fundraising best practice ensuring compliance with OSCR and the fundraising code of practice.
- Ensure that all activities comply with GDPR requirements.
- Ensure that the client relationship management databased is kept up to date.
- Carry out other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
- Supporting the team and the charity at events as and when required. As many activities are held in the evening and at weekends the post will involve some unsocial hours, for which Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) will be given.
Able to demonstrate suitable experience and examples of achievements relevant to role
- Educated to Higher / A Level and must include English
- Diploma in Fundraising
- Minimum two years experience working in a fundraising environment or similar role
- Proven experience working in a result orientated environment with evidence of securing six/seven figure sums
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships
- Evidence of ability to write compelling and successful partnership proposals
- Experience in developing major donor and corporate partnership strategies to secure results
- Experience of working in the charitable/not for profit sector
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to produce reports and proposals to a high standard
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong network of personal contacts and ability to extend network extensively
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workloads
- The ability to analyse and interpret data
- Working within a complex organisation
- Project planning
- Driving licence
- Sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with others
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Flexible and cooperative
- Driven by working to targets
- Good team player
- Evidence of working proactively and with initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Involved in charitable work/volunteering
- Interest in Health & Social Care
Other Job Requirements:
Good attendance record supported by references- one of which must be your current employer.
Subject to Basic Disclosure check
CLOSES THURSDAY 16th SEPTEMBER
In partnership with Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Councils, Aberlour Options Aberdeen Inclusion Service offers community-based education support services. We support children and young people who have complex additional support needs that impacts on their ability to engage with mainstream schooling.
CLOSES 9am MONDAY 20th SEPTEMBER
An exciting opportunity to develop and deliver this Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund project. The project aims to develop: a collaborative working model with New Scots in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire; a “digital champions” model; a strong understanding of digital barriers and opportunities; a digital inclusion toolkit for future new arrivals to the region.
CLOSES 9am MONDAY 20th SEPTEMBER
An exciting opportunity to develop and deliver this Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund project. The project will include facilitating information sessions and expanding our participative weekly classes, within a safe, women-only space.