Care and Support Providers Aberdeen exists to enable voluntary organisations providing care homes and housing support services in Aberdeen to maintain, develop and improve the quality of their services. It encourages and promotes good practice and enables its members to work collectively and co-operatively.
- share information, training and resources
- assist its members to develop ways of working together, recognising that their Collective voice has more influence and authority than their individual voices.
- represent the interests of its members, while acknowledging their right to represent their own individual interests.
- influence social care policy and decisions concerning the provision of residential care and supported accommodation, at both a local and national level.
- develop and improve the quality of residential care and supported accommodation provision in Aberdeen.
- enable service users to exercise their right to be consulted and to influence decisions concerning the services they receive.
- work collaboratively with statutory and voluntary agencies and with other representative and umbrella bodies.
The Chair of the Forum is Emma Watson