Social Transport Project
The Social Transport Project led by ACVO consisted of professionals from NESTRANS, Scottish Care, HTAP (Health Transport Action Plan) and RGU Transport experts, they have formed an excellent cross- sector working relationship which has helped to understand the complex processes which surround transport delivery especially in this new climate of Integration and partnership-working.
- Social Transport Collaborative Solutions – ACVO is delighted to be able to present this report which has been the result of many months of research by researchers from Robert Gordon University’s Institute for Management, Governance, and Society (IMaGeS) as part of the Change Funded Social Transport Project. This project seeks to explore how mobility challenges can stop older people remaining active and socially connected as well as accessing health care. It is not the end of the process but is an important first step in raising the issues surrounding this important issue.
- Rosewell House Falls Prevention Group
- Altens Community Centre
- Ferryhill Community Centre
- MS Society
- Rubislaw Park Care Home
- ACC Social Work
Liftshare is the car sharing network for the North East of Scotland with over 720, 955 members making regular or one off journeys.
Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and travel together. It allows people to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst alleviating the associated problems of congestion and pollution.
Please take a few minutes to register any regular or one-off journeys that you are planning, and see for yourself how easily you can be put in contact with other travellers going your way…
Car Cost Calculator
Are you looking to save money on your own personal travel or your employee’s travel?
Use this Car Cost Calculator to get an idea of how much you are spending.
Compare it with the cost of using a car club like Co-Wheels. See this slide show on how to save money and be less dependant on your own car.
See a case study on how Aberdeen City Council began their car club.
DAB Plus Driver Training
DAB Plus Driver Training is the Social Enterprise arm of Dial-a-Community Bus. They provide a wide range of driver training throughout the North East of Scotland.
Our training courses and road safety services include:
- Defensive Driver Training
- UK Road Familiarisation
- Minibus Driver Training
- Trailer Towing (B+E)
- Fleet Risk Assessment
- Learner Driver Training
- Advanced Driver Training
- Eco- driving
- Taxi Driving Training
- Road safety Presentations
With classroom facilities and a team of highly qualified, experienced and friendly trainers you can be assured that the route to safe driving is an enjoyable and cost effective one.
For information on any courses please contact DAB Plus Driver Training on 01771 619191 or email email@example.com
Nestrans Sustainable Travel Grant Scheme – Organisations can apply for up to £10,000 in matched funding to support sustainable transport initiatives.
Government electric vehicle grants – You can get a grant towards the cost of each new electric (plug-in) car or van you buy, if it meets certain conditions.