It is currently planned that the United Kingdom will leave the European Union (EU) on 29 March 2019. This event is commonly known as ‘Brexit’.
The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) has issued guidance for charities in Scotland.
Leaving the EU means a number of changes that will affect businesses and individual citizens.
Although there are still unknowns regarding Brexit, charities should prepare themselves as best they can.
Here are some useful links that charity trustees might find useful –
- The Scottish Government’s Brexit page – https://www.gov.scot/brexit/
- Information from the Scottish Government on how Brexit may affect different organisations like businesses – https://www.mygov.scot/eu-exit/
- The latest information from the UK Government on Brexit – https://www.gov.uk/world/brexit-ireland
- The UK Government’s EU Exit page – https://euexit.campaign.gov.uk/
- SCVO’s Europe and the Third Sector page – https://scvo.org.uk/projects-campaigns/europe-and-the-third-sector/
- The Information Commissioner’s Advice on Brexit and data protection – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-and-brexit/
- The Civil Society Brexit Alliance is a group that’s been funded to coordinate a sector response: https://www.brexitcivilsocietyalliance.org