Employed by, located at: Community Food Initiatives North East (CFINE),
2-4 Poynernook Road, Aberdeen, AB11 5RW.
Job title: Granite City Good Food Co-ordinator (Sustainable Food City Partnership Aberdeen and ‘Veg Cities’).
Term: 6 months initially but cautiously confident of further funding.
Salary and Hours: £22,000 – £25,000 (placing dependent on qualifications and experience) 36.25 hours/week
Reports to: SFCPA Steering Group, line management by CFINE CEO
Responsible for: Volunteers who may be recruited and Veg City worker
Funded by: Aberdeen City Council, Esmee Fairbairn Foundation, NHS Grampian.
Overall purpose of the job:
Granite City Good Food (the citywide initiative led by the Sustainable Food City Partnership Aberdeen (SFCPA)) is an exciting partnership development supporting Aberdeen City to develop more sustainable food systems through the creation of networks to support, develop and share good practice. Alongside the development of the wider network, the programme will undertake focused work around 6 themes:
- Promoting healthy and sustainable food;
- Tackling food poverty, diet-related ill health and improve access to healthy food;
- Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects;
- Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system;
- Promoting a vibrant and diverse food economy; and
- Transforming catering and food procurement.
The SFCPA were awarded funding to support a ‘Veg Cities’ campaign in 2018-19. The campaign will run for 12 months, aiming to increase availability and consumption of vegetables. The Aberdeen Veg Cities Campaign aims to:
- Increase awareness of the benefits of growing and eating vegetables;
- Increase access to affordable vegetables citywide;
- Increase uptake of food growing opportunities in regeneration areas of the city.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Wednesday 31th October 2018.
Interviews will be held asap after closing date (those selected for interview will be notified on Thursday, 1 November.)