Home-Start Aberdeen is a voluntary organisation committed to supporting families with children under five, who are facing a variety
of different challenges. As one of the largest Home-Start schemes in the UK, we currently reach out to over 200 families across Aberdeen
city and there is increasing demand for us to do more.
We require a General Manager, who can provide strategic, operational and financial leadership to enable us to grow, while enhancing our reputation for cost-effective early years work with families at all levels of need.
Key responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with all relevant levels of statutory and voluntary organisations within both the public and private sector to maximise funding and partnership opportunities.
- Ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with statutory and quality assurance requirements.
- Promoting the work of the scheme externally, seeking opportunities to build public profile and provide evidence of its impact, while highlighting critical issues.
- Reinforcing a culture of continuous improvement through implementing the engagement and service feedback strategy and enhancing performance monitoring arrangements to ensure that reporting meets the requirements of all stakeholders and funders.
- Ensuring that there is sustainable funding for ongoing work and planned projects.
- Supporting the Team Leader and Shop Manager in the day-to-day management of the scheme.
A full job description and person specification is available at
If you are interested in this exciting leadership role, please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to HR@homestartaberdeen.org.uk. Those invited for interview will be required to complete additional Home-Start application forms.
Informal queries about the role can be made, in confidence, by contacting Penny Letts, Home-Start Aberdeen Trustee and HR Lead, on 07889 267661 or HR@homestartaberdeen.org.uk.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday, 13 July.