This post is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team at an exciting time of development and expansion at Early Years Scotland!
You should have a sound knowledge of supporting and advising management committees, supporting curriculum initiatives, offering business support and an awareness of emerging practice in the Early Learning and Childcare sector.
Is this role for you? Do the following apply to you?
- You currently work in Early Years and have knowledge of local Partnership frameworks and agreements
- You have the ability to prioritise levels of support required by ELC settings across the private, local authority and voluntary sector
- You have been involved with, served on or supported an Early Years establishment committee or management board
- You have a sound knowledge of Early Years policy and procedures
- You are aware of local governance for charities (OSCR)
- You provide/have provided guidance and support to management/committees in best practice
- You have a passion for supporting best practice and helping others to meet the needs and requirements of providers
- You have knowledge and understanding of Curriculum for Excellence, Pre Birth to Three, Building the Ambition, GIRFEC, HGIOELC, National Health and Social Care Standards and other relevant documents and publications to support the Early Learning and Childcare sector
- You understand the support required by Parent and Toddler settings
- You have knowledge of the inspection processes and requirements for ELC settings
- You have knowledge and confidence in using digital methods of communication
- You can be creative in providing support to settings in rural locations.
Closing date for applications: Noon, 30th October 2017 Interviews: 9th November 2017 (in Glasgow)
- 35 hours per week over 44 weeks per annum
- Fixed term until March 2018
- £19,382 per annum (Point 19 on Scale 19-22)
- 20 days Annual Leave in the first year
- EYS recognises 12 public holidays per annum
Pay and allowances are pro-rata to contracted hours
Applicants should be eligible to register as a Practitioner with SSSC (e.g. HNC Early Education & Childcare or SVQ Level 3 Children’s Care, Learning and Development. Also, ideally, SVQ Level4 Childcare Learning and Development
A full, current driving licence with own transport for business use and membership of PVG Scheme are required
Please visit: http://www.earlyyearsscotland.org/news/job-vacancies/ for application packs and full post information Please do not send CVs For more information contact HR on 0141 221 4148.