Location 55 Gordon Street, Huntly, Aberdeenshire
Hours 30 hours per week
Pay £15.70 per hour equivalent to £24,492 pa
Gordon Rural Action (GRA) is a major independent charitable provider of information and advice services in central Aberdeenshire, operating from three service points in Huntly, Ellon and Inverurie. The Centre’s are staffed by trained paid and volunteer advisors and provide responses to client enquiries covering a wide range of issues in areas such as welfare benefits, debt, legal issues, housing, employment and relationships.
GRA receives its core funding from Aberdeenshire Council but is also funded by its two charity shops and additional income generation through grant applications and fundraising.
This is a crucial time for GRA, as we celebrate our 40th anniversary later this year and look forward to our next 40 years. We want to build a strong, resilient organisation that supports and values its staff, attracts and retains volunteers, provides a high quality service to the community, has an enterprising ethos and works successfully in partnership with other organisations to ensure that we are can continue to provide a service for another 40 years. The Chief Officer is at the heart of this, working with the Board in the achievement of objectives, the implementation of work plans and the development of GRA’s future strategy and objectives.
The Chief Officer has responsibility for:
- The production of evidence and information for the Board and for funders
- Funding applications to Aberdeenshire Council and other bodies
- The day to day operation of GRA including finance, premises, staffing and quality of services delivered
- Developing projects and partnerships that support the work of GRA
- Obtaining accreditation in accordance with the Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers
- Promoting and celebrating the work of the organisation
Enthusiasm, strong social awareness and great communication skills are prerequisites for this demanding position. Experience is more important than academic background. However, applicants for this post should be under no illusions about the extent of hard work and pressure involved in this challenging, interesting and rewarding job.
Key experience/skills that you will have are:
- A proven track record in a senior management position, with associated HR experience
- Experience of successfully attracting funding from a wide variety of sources
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies and action plans
- Experience of recruiting and retaining volunteers
- The ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and on competing tasks/priorities
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team
It would be advantageous if you also had:
- Experience of organisational change management
- Knowledge of the advice sector
- Knowledge of the local area
This role requires a high level of commitment and may involve some occasional evening/weekend work.
Please contact email@example.com or call 01466 793676 to request an application pack.