The third sector and the people of Aberdeen are being encouraged to nominate for the 2016/17 ACVO Awards.
The ACVO Awards, now in their fifth year, are run by local third sector interface, ACVO. They were created to recognise volunteers, encourage good practice and aspiration in local Third Sector teams and to recognise support and partnership from friends in other sectors.
ACVO Chief Executive, Joyce Duncan, said, “Aberdeen’s volunteers and third sector organisations make a huge difference to the lives of others. Through the ACVO Awards, the city as a whole has an opportunity to recognise and reward all of their work.”
“We want to encourage everyone who feels they knows an organisation or an individual to nominate them so they can receive the recognition they deserve.”
There are 8 categories open for nomination this year:
- Connecting and Collaborating sponsored by Glenbrex
- Friend(s) of the Third Sector
- Active Citizen
- Top Third Sector Team sponsored by Stronachs
- Top Newcomer sponsored by Tricker PR
- Most Enterprising Third Sector Organisation sponsored by Anderson Anderson Brown
- Improving Local Lives sponsored by Hall Morrice
- Big Aberdeen