“Passionate about promoting and enabling the Third Sector across Aberdeenshire – for the benefit of all our citizens”
Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action (AVA) is the Third Sector Interface for Aberdeenshire, tasked to deliver the following objectives:
- More people have increased opportunity and enthusiasm to volunteer;
- Volunteer-involving organisations are better able to recruit, manage and retain volunteers;
- Social enterprise develops and grows;
- Third Sector organisations are well governed and managed and deliver quality outcomes;
- Third Sector organisations feel better connected and are able to influence and contribute to public policy;
- The Third Sector Interface is well governed, managed and effective.
AVA is looking for a capable, energetic and proactive Chief Executive to work with the Board of Directors to deliver this agenda. This is a wide-ranging and varied role, requiring strong leadership and the ability to inspire and influence partners, funders, stakeholders and colleagues to ensure that the Third Sector is embedded in policy and service delivery.
The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating funding and SLAs from stakeholders and for the organisation’s delivery of both funder and client requirements. Understanding, analysis and communication of complex policy is a key element of this role, but we are not looking for a bureaucrat.
As the public face of AVA, the CEO is responsible for ensuring the organisation maintains its profile with stakeholders, members and clients, as well as representing AVA at the strategic level and at formal events. The post holder will also be experienced in day-to-day direction across all functions, including finance, communications and HR.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 13th March 2019.
Informal enquiries about the role can be addressed to Fiona Smith, Interim CEO at: email@example.com or Tel: 07584 659933.
First stage interviews are expected to be held w/c 18th March.